Thursday 28 May 2015

Quick Write

In writing we have been writing a quick write based on what we thought this photo was about. We had to use complex sentences, Use detail through complex sentences, place a comma in the correct place in a complex sentence, identify different types of complex sentences - Opener, serial and interrupter and use short, strong, sentences.
ManuelToribio-THE%20FLIGHT[1].jpg

I hesitated. My friends were behind me. Daring me to jump off the huge old diving board at the jetty. It was a stormy, cold, evening. I was at the jetty next to the sky tower in Auckland. Nobody’s here. Just boats, the waves and us. I decided I’d do it. I flick my hand in the water. It’s as cold as I thought. No worse. I stare at the huge, old, rickety, diving board with missing steps. My friends are still chanting “Do it. Do it, do it, do it, do it,!” “Ok.” I pull myself together. “ I’ll do it,” I say once more. I slowly waddle over to the board. Grab, pull, step. I start climbing up. I go. As I get closer, I start feeling ok. But then suddenly, as I put my hand out to grab the top and pull myself up, that all changes. As the step, my holding brakes. “Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!” I scream. My life flashes before me. Just as I think it’s all over. It’s not. I realise my foot was hooked onto one of the steps. I make my way back up. Climbing, Steadily, up I go. Finally, I’m up.  I peer over the edge, my heart racing……. And then,
And then,
And then,
without thinking, I jump. I spread my arms,  curve my back, spread my legs, and fly.

By Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment